Well, at this point I’m pretty much all moved in to my dorm room. I’m living in the same building as last year, so it was a rather easy transition. I’m so excited to be back here, it feels like coming home 🙂 There are so many places and things that I’ve missed, some of which I have made it a point to visit in my first days here.
My workouts and adventures from the past few days, in completely unrelated pictures and bullet points.
- monday’s workout: 40 min walk to and from campus from my friend’s place, 2x30min walk to and from my friend’s place and my dorm, with my baggage.
- Tuesday’s workout: slow 3ish mile run (I wasn’t tracking anything) – pain-free! I alternated walking and running 5 mins and walking 1-2 mins. so exhilarating!
- Wednesday’s workout: crazy hard interval workout, inspired by Lori and Michelle’s interval workouts. Jump roping, ab circuit, and body rock’s sexy pain train workout <—love this one. then a bit of arm strength endurance work, and yoga/stretch cool down
- I went back to my dance class today! I take an open modern class at one of New York’s many dance studios, one that is really close to where I live. I love the class. It makes me feel so great and empowered. The teacher starts with 30 mins of stretching, which is beyond amazing. Then we only do a bit of technique work, then focus the last 30ish minutes on an actual dance. Not an across-the-floor combination, but a real dance. The focus is on performance and confidence – not precision. I also love the leg workout I get 🙂
- I just found out the gym is open! I’m think I’m way too excited to get back to the gym. I’m not even sure why I love it so much, but I do. So ready to wake up early tomorrow and get energized!
- okay, this one I have to talk about. I bought a magic bullet! and christened it with a smoothie inspired by Kath’s dough boy and Leanne’s sleepy mango smoothie. And it was a green monster, with some spinach added!
- this year, every single NYU student has to get a new university ID. Apparently all the new ones have a magnetic chip in them to make the swipe system better. Once all 50,000 students have them.
- so many errands! things for the room, kitchen, groceries, toiletries, school supplies – going borderline crazy here
- went and got my eyebrows threaded today. I know, it’s a small vanity thing, especially because I have blonde eyebrows, but it makes me feel good and more confident, so I pay the money for it.
Phew. And that’s not even all of it. I can’t even count the phone calls and internet time I’ve spent trying to figure out all the administrative stuff for school. That’s the only thing I really dislike about going to a big university. It will get done – before I start classes in less than a week. Ahh!
No question. Tell me something interesting about your day?