Since it’s a little over a week into the month of August, I decided that tonight’s post would be a short update on how my goals are going – to help keep me on track!
- variation – I’ve been trying not to eat the same thing two days in a row, and I think I’m doing well. same with workouts – bodyrock has helped quite a bit with that! we shall see at the end of the month
- flow – I haven’t yet been in a situation where this was really relevant yet
- real rest days – today! I barely did anything at all. It was completely planned, and I quite enjoyed it. I must say it was really difficult not sneak in a quick workout, but I promised myself a complete rest day. I’ll do some stretching before bed, though.
- academics – nothing yet (oops)…
- fitness – I’m working on my pushups every day! plus doing bodyrock workouts that incorporate them helps a lot. I’ve been good about the stretching, and I’ve done Zumba every week too!
- water – I’ve started drinking lemon water now too 🙂
- ups and downs – this has been hard to manage, as I’m still gaining weight, and back up over half of what I lost this year. I think I’ve gotten over my crazy sugar-filled days, but the extra mass is really dragging me down. I will push through, I can’t not do it.
Sorry for the photo-less post, I didn’t really have anything relevant for today.
In other news, I went to the dentist for a cleaning. It drove me nuts that the women working on my mouth was trying to have a conversation with me at the same time! That, and I now have to go to an oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth x-rayed. Boo…
How’s your month going? How do you feel about the dentist?
I’ll see you tomorrow for WIAW!