First ever post! I’m jumping in with two feet here, if you want to know more about me, click the ‘Story’ link on the Nav bar.
In honor of starting this blog, i got a shiny new camera!
It’s a Canon PowerShot. I know, it’s no SLR, but takes really good low light photos, which is really good for photographing food and indoor scenes. I’m excited to see how it works out!
On another note, after work yesterday (oh man, it was SO HOT and humid outside!), I went to the health food store to pick up some things I have wanted to try.
The spoils included:
- Sun Warrior vanilla protein powder – I’m on the eternal quest for a really good raw protein, and I’ve heard only good things about sun warrior
- GoRaw simple granola – just sprouted flax and bulgur, it’s really light and crunchy, and will make the perfect summer breakfast in place of hot oats
- amaranth seed – speaking of summer breakfasts, I’m going to try to make popped amaranth cereal – I’m all for DIY
- 100% raw chocolate – this stuff is beyond amazing, every true chocoholic’s dream. yes I ate it already. oops.
- vanilla stevia – I’ve only ever used plain stevia powder, so I thought it was time to give this a try
- peppermint and coffee extracts – okay these were from a city market, but oh well. I’m excited to use these in some baking adventures
- Desert Essence Organics Coconut Lotion – favorite product ever. it’s all organic, plant-based ingredients (no chemicals), and smells amazing
… and they gave me a nice reusable tote to take it all home in!
Today’s adventures started with getting up early to ride my bike to the Green City Market before the extreme heat. Then to the gym for a quick cardio and strength workout. After that – work, home, and here I am. While getting this site going, I snacked on these:
pecans and dark chocolate (frozen!). Definitely addicted to chocolate.
Now it’s off to bed – I’m heading to a Tread It! class tomorrow morning at my gym – excitement!
Goodnight world 🙂